Cucumber is a super refreshing vegetable which is famous for having more than 90% of the water.
Not only water content is present in cucumber but also there are packed with many nutrients, vitamins, minerals, anti-inflammatories and antioxidants that are required to keep our skin healthy.
The water content in cucumber keeps you hydrated and keeps your skin moisturized. And also helps to reduce the heat generated in our body.
So, In short, you can say that cucumbers help to maintain overall physical and mental health of our body.
But you do not need to eat cucumbers all day to fight wrinkles, dark circles, acne etc. just to make your skin bright, tone, and smooth. You can simply place a raw cucumber on your skin or face or make cucumber face mask to get some excellent results.
- 0.1 So here are some best way to use cucumber at overnight as a beauty product shown below:
- 0.2 Cucumber slices:
- 0.3 Rose water and cucumber face mask:
- 0.4 Cucumber and besan (gram flour) mask:
- 0.5 Cucumber and aloe vera juice or gel:
- 0.6 Oats powder and Cucumber:
- 0.7 Cucumber and yogurt:
- 1 Reasons why you should try this cucumber based mask:
So here are some best way to use cucumber at overnight as a beauty product shown below:
- Yes, this is the best and easy method which does not need any other additional requirements.
- Just cut 2-3 thin slices of cucumber and place it on your skin or face then sit back and relax for 20-30 minutes.
- 15 minutes after just remove the cucumber slices and wipe your face dry.
- Repeat this remedy twice or thrice a week and it will reduce your dark circles under the eye and gives you a fresh start for your day.
Rose water and cucumber face mask:
- Blend a half or 4-5 slices of cucumber with rose water, form a paste of it and your face mask is ready.
- Now wash your face with lukewarm water to open the little pores on your face after that apply this mask to your face and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with water and dry your skin with a towel.
Cucumber and besan (gram flour) mask:
- Mix 2 tablespoon of besan with cucumber juice and form a smooth paste.
- Apply this mask on your face for 20 minutes.
- When it is dry wash your face with water and pat your face dry with a towel.
- This mask will remove the excess dirt, acne, pimples, and dead skin cells and brightens your skin.
Cucumber and aloe vera juice or gel:
- Mix aloe vera juice or gel with blended cucumber slices to form a paste.
- Apply this paste for 10-15 minutes on your face and let it dry.
- Wash off your face with water and pat it dry.
- This mask will help to repair damaged skin cells, moisturize and adds a glow to your face.
Oats powder and Cucumber:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of oats powder with blended cucumber and 1/2 tablespoon of honey.
- Apply this mixture on your face for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with water and pat your face dry.
- This mask will help you to achieve clear, smooth, acne free, and adds a glow to your skin.
Cucumber and yogurt:
- Take 2 tablespoons of grated cucumber and add little amount of yogurt to form a paste.
- Apply it on your face for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- This face mask will help your skin with a protein present in yogurt.
Reasons why you should try this cucumber based mask:
Get rid off from lines and wrinkles on your skin:
- Cucumber not only helps you to keep the body tone but hangs you on to the clear and young skin which also helps to hydrate the skin due to its high water and antioxidant content.
- It also contains anti-hyaluronidase content which helps to prevent the enzyme hyaluronidase from hyaluronic acid (a natural substance degradation in the body) which helps the skin to draw moisture and get rid off from lines and wrinkles.
- Cucumber extract is rich in vitamins, especially Vitamin C, which, due to being an antioxidant, neutralizes harmful free radicals produced by UV rays during contact with the sun.
- Under eye dark circles can also be removed easily.
- Due to flavonoids and vitamin C present in cucumber, it repairs the damaged skin cells protecting the skin from sunlight as sun protection.
Provides acne free skin:
- Cucumber as a beauty product is observed to reduce the amount of skin moisture and increase the loss of our body’s water through the skin, an event called trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL) that provides acne free skin.
- Fresh and skin-tightening effects of cucumber make it an excellent natural skin toner. You can use a cucumber juice or dilute it with water to use it as a toner to remove oil or makeup marks.
Repairs skin damages:
- A study shows that the cucumber should be a painful pain relief and aspiration for the eccentric skin. Being a natural hemostatic agent or which accelerates blood clots, it helps to fix skin scars.
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and caffeic acid are present in cucumber which prevents water retention making it a good choice for inflammatory eyes and skin, burns, dermatitis etc. and provides you with healthy and natural skin.