Rava Idli Recipe is a famous south Indian healthy, nutritious, and, delicious breakfast recipe which is quick and instant recipe.
No fermenting and grinding required also, that can be prepared within 30 minutes.
- Sooji ( Semolina or Rava): 1 cup
- Carrot (grated): 1 cup
- Curd: 1 cup
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped): a handful
- Green chilies (finely chopped): 2
- Ginger (grated): 1 inch
- Eno soda powder or fruit salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cooking oil: 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seed: 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (Hing): 1/4 spoon
- Curry leaves (finely chopped): 5-6
- Cashew Nuts (broken): 2 teaspoons (optional)
How to make it:
- To start Rava idli recipe, ready all the ingredients and prepare them.
- Heat one spoon of oil in a pan over medium flame, add mustard seed and let it crack. Add broken curry leaves, grated ginger, green chilies, and cashew nuts (optional) and let heat them for a few minutes.
- Add Sooji or rava and fry until you see some reddish color after that keep it aside for cooling.
- You can also use direct suji or rava instead of cooking it to make it instant.
- Now, mix roasted Rava Idli mixture with yogurt in a mixing bowl, add enough water to make a thick batter, and keep it for 30 minutes a side.
- Now the batter would have become thick by absorbing moisture so you will need to add some little water, add grated carrot, hing, coriander leaves, and Eno soda or fruit salt.
- After that stir or whisk the Rava idli batter nicely.
- Keep in mind that the batter should not be very thick and not very thin.
- Preheat an idli steamer with enough water and keep it ready.
- Apply little oil on Idli’s mold or stand after that pour the batter of Rava Idli in that mold.
- Note: The water inside the steamer should not touch the batter inside the mold.
- After pouring keep that mold or stand in a preheated steamer for 8-10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of cooking remove the mold and check the batter using fork or knife that it is sticky or not if sticky it means it is not cooked properly so let it cook properly.
- Then remove Rava idli gently from the mold and serve it.
- Coconut chutney
- Tomato Sauce
- Szechwan chutney