Bread Vada Recipe
As the name indicates this is a bread vada recipe that can be made with any kind of bread and also can be prepared very quickly for a morning or evening snack.
Also, it is recipe well known and loved in India especially by kids So it can be known as a kid-friendly recipe.
The taste of this recipe depends on the type of bread you use such as white, brown, whole wheat, or multigrain bread and the vegetable stuff that you use to add with the bread.
- Bread: 3 to 4 slices (depends on quantity how much you want to make)
- Potato: 1 Boiled and mashed
- Rice flour or maida: 1 cup or 2 tablespoons
- Onion: 1 medium (Chopped)
- Garam Masala: 1/2 teaspoon
- Chilies: 1-2 finely chopped
- Cummin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
- Grated Ginger: 1/2 teaspoon
- Water: 1 cup or 2 tablespoons
- Mint leaves or pudina: 5-6 leaves finely chopped
- Coriander leaves: Handful finely chopped
- Salt: as needed
- Oil: For deep frying
- Vegetables: Cabbage, green peas, carrots (optional alternative for potato).
How to make it?
- First take 3 to 4 bread slices, tear them into small pieces and add it into a mixing bowl.
- Add mashed potato, finely chopped onion, chilies, ginger, garam masala, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, pudina leaves, and a required amount of salt in the mixing bowl with small pieces of bread.
- Now mix them gently with your hands adding 1 cup of rice flour or maida.
- Use little water like 1 teaspoon or as required to make it stuff or dough.
- When this stuff is prepared to divide the stuff into small parts and make a thin Tikki of it by flattering them gently.
- Now heat the oil in a deep frying pan a medium heat, when the oil is heated drop one by one tiki in the frying oil and let it heat on a medium flame.
- When the bread vada is fried its color changes in brownish color or golden color flip them and fry it from both the side after that remove it from the frying pan.
- Keep them on tissue paper so that excess of oil gets absorbed by the tissue and your bread vada is ready to serve.
These Bread Vadas are crispy and spicy which can be served chutney or sauce.