Cow’s Milk is white nutrient-rich liquid or fluid produced by mammals in their mammary gland, including humans produce milk which contains valuable nutrients like calcium to feed their babies until they are ready for the hunt or to eat by themselves what their parents eat.
Many animals like buffalo cow goat camel Sheep etc. produce milk but from these animals only cows and buffaloes milk as the nutritious milk which can be consumed by both kids and adults. The other animal’s milk is difficult to acquire.
Dairy products like yogurt, cheese, butter etc are made from milk by processing them further.
Some individuals are not able to digest the sugar in the milk or milk products because they do not produce enough enzymes (lactase) which is necessary enzymes to digest milk. Due to this digestion problem may occur so for substitution of cows milk healthy milk options are available almond, soy, or coconut milk are available in the market.
Here are some health benefits of cow’s milk:
- Milk is the best source of calcium which helps our body from bone loss and obesity in children by creating bone matter and density of bone which are highly required our body structure.
- A good source of complete quality protein is available in milk known as casein which will help to recover our muscle mass, prevent muscle damage, increase strength, growth, and repair of muscles.
- Drinking milk will help you to keep your teeth and gums healthy by reducing the risk of decaying weak teeth and gums as milk protect the enamel surface from acidic substances.
- Low-fat cows milk is a great source of potassium which will help to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and also help to reduce blood pressure levels in our body.
- Vitamin D present in milk helps to produce serotonin (a hormone associated with appetite, mood, and sleep) that will prevent depression and diseases like osteoporosis.
- Vitamin A present in milk is needed for the growth of hair, healthy skin, the growth of muscle, eyesight, immune system, and tissues of our body.
Facts you may not know about cows milk:
- Every 240 gram of milk contains 8 grams of high-quality protein.
- Milk contains no added sugar all sugar comes from naturally occurring lactose.
- Milk is an excellent source of vitamin B12 that helps to build red blood cells in our body.
- Milk is high in saturated fat and cholesterol.
- Milk nutritional content can vary depending on factors like how cows are feed, breed of cows etc.
Nutritional values of cows milk:
|Nutrients||Serving size (240g)|
|Calcium||26% of RDA|
|Vitamin B12||16% of RDA|
|Vitamin D||23% of RDA|
|Potassium||9% of RDA|
Where RDA means Recommended Daily Allowance.