Broccoli is a green plant vegetable which belongs to cabbage and cauliflower family known for its healthiest nutrition and also it is one of the healthiest cruciferous vegetables. It looks more like cauliflower all green in a color whose large flowering head is eaten by boiling, steaming or can be eaten raw for its nutritional properties and benefits.
Health benefits of broccoli:
- Broccoli is a low-calorie diet filled with lots of fiber which helps to boost our digestive system that will prevent constipation and maintenance of blood sugar level.
- As it is low-calorie diet food filled with a high amount of protein, as not in any other vegetables you can add it to your salad in weight loss diet which will also help you preventing overeating.
- Broccoli contains antioxidant, phytonutrients, and Isothiocyanates that helps our body to detox unwanted contaminants from our body.
- It contains many vital nutrients like vitamins and minerals, fatty acids and fiber that will help to reduce bad cholesterol and regulates blood pressure in our body.
- It contains alkaline that almost all vegetables and fruits help to maintain or balance our body pH levels.
- It is also a great source of calcium, vitamin K, potassium, and magnesium that are nutrients which plays an important role in maintaining our healthy bones and teeth density to keep it strong.
- Vitamin A and C present in broccoli produce sebum which is natural oil required for our healthy thick hair and also helps to reduces stress which is the natural cause of hair loss.
- Broccoli also promotes healthy skin by repairing damaged skin by preventing aging of the skin, removes dead skin cells, and skin damages caused by UV radiation.
- Beta-carotene, Vitamin A, B, C, and E are the nutrients present in it which are good for eye health which helps to protect our eyes from damages caused by radiations.
- Glutathione an antioxidant present in raw broccoli helps to increase or boost our immune system.
- Folate content present in broccoli can increase the semen production and increase the sperm count in men.
- Folic acid present in it helps to improve neuroinflammation and prevent depression to improve our brains healthy.
Fact that you may not know about broccoli:
- The word “broccoli” comes from an Italian word called “broccalo” which signifies cabbage sprout.
- California produces the maximum 90% majority of broccoli consumed in the United States.
- In 1767 Thomas Jefferson brought first-time broccoli seeds to America from Italy and planted them in his own Garden.
- Want to eliminate the smell of broccoli put a slice of bread with it and it will observe the smell of broccoli.
- Broccoli contains almost 90% of water, 3% of protein, and 7% carbs.
- China is the top producer for growing Broccoli and other vegetables which grows around 8 million tons of vegetables per year.
- By boiling broccoli it can eliminate the benefits of it and kills the enzymes present in it, So eat broccoli raw or frying in a microwave or steam.
Nutritional values of broccoli:
|Nutrients||Serving size (1/2 cup or 50g)|