Homemade face scrub for glowing skin! Exfoliation is an important part of the skincare regime. Over time, a layer of dead skin develops along with accumulated dirt and oil in the skin, which in turn closes the pores. It also serves as a breeding ground for bacteria that leads to skin problems such as blackheads and acne.
Cleansing the peels from the outermost layer of skin ends the skin moss. With the recent studies and surge of Ayurveda and Naturopathy in the beauty industry, more and more people are substituting chemical-rich products with their natural, homemade counterparts.
In addition, store-bought products are loaded with sulfates and parabens, which can do more harm than good to the skin. The protagonist of any scrub is an abrasive granular material, which removes dirt and dust from the skin.
It can be naturally obtained with the help of sugar, which is a common cereal product found in every kitchen. Sugar contains hydroxyl acid and glycolic acid, which have great cleaning properties.
Since sugar has active exfoliating properties, you need to balance it with an emollient to prevent excessive drying of the skin. However, this should not be of much concern as a natural sweetener has intrinsic moisturizing properties!
You can just try some homemade face scrub for glowing skin with the help of sugar for your regular exfoliation process.
Why sugar is a good for skin exfoliator –
- It is Gentler on the skin than other salt scrubs, so is ideal for sensitive skin as well.
- An excellent exfoliator promotes sugar sweeping and skin regeneration of all dirt and bacteria.-It fights ingrown hairs and prevents them from growing back.
- Glycolic acid present in it protects the skin from sun damage and delays aging.
- Sugar is equally effective on all skin types such as oily, dry, combination and sensitive.
- It is a natural humectant, which hydrates the skin by pulling moisture from the air and pumping it into the skin.
- It can be used to cleanse and nourish the entire body including hands and feet, not just the face.
- A sugar scrub, if applied at least once a week, reveals a clean, radiant and youthful skin. Remember to gently rub the scrub on the body skin in a soft circular motion for 2 minutes and wash it with cold water.
- You can make homemade face scrub with sugar as the main ingredient and other common products readily available in your kitchen that can provide a well-rounded treatment to your skin.
Here are some easy, homemade face scrubs for glowing skin that can be made in less than 10 minutes and can be applied anytime in the comfort of your home.
Sugar and lemon face scrub
To prepare this magical face scrub, you need 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
Just mix it till it forms a granular paste and gently massage with your fingers in a circular motion on your face.
Rub small sugar grains gently on your face until they dissolve properly while massaging. After this wash your face with water.
Regular use of this mask twice a week can clean tanned, damaged skin and dark spots.
Sugar and honey face scrub
Add 2 teaspoon of sugar with 1 tablespoon of honey.
Mix it until you get a thick paste and then scrub it on your face very gently which will help remove the dust and the dirt on your skin and provides you your naturally glowing skin.
Apply this scrub 2 times a week to cleanse and acne-free skin.
Also read: Health benefits and facts of raw honey
Peppermint and Sugar Scrub
It is a goddess for people suffering from persistent dry skin.
Add 3 tablespoons hot coconut oil, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 drops peppermint essential oil and half a teaspoon vitamin E oil.
Mix it well, and your sweet, minty homemade face scrub with sugar is ready.
Apply the paste with a circular motion on your face and rinse it off with tap water for glowing skin.
Curd and sugar scrub
Add 2 tablespoons of sugar to half a cup of fresh curd. Curd helps to clean the pores and tighten them.
Just mix it and apply on your face and massage on your face with a circular motion.
Oatmeal and sugar scrub
Grind half a cup of oats and add 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp honey, and 1 tbsp coconut oil to the powder.
Oats work well for sensitive and acne-prone skin, fighting the pimple-causing bacteria that live in the skin and honey works as an anti-bacterial as well as a moisturizer for your skin and gives you a glowing skin.